If you own a business that depends on having ice for your customers, like a restaurant or other refreshment businesses, you should consider an ice machine filter. It can feel like an added expense for many people, but it is a great option that will make your customers even happier with your service and products. If you are not sure whether an ice machine filter is worth the investment, we have a few reasons why you should consider it.
- Cleaner Ice: A filter filters out impurities in the water, making it look better and taste better. You do not want the ice you offer to have a strange taste, and a filter can eliminate this worry. Most water lines have water that is perfectly safe to drink, but it does not taste as good as your customers want, so buying a filter will solve this.
- Eliminates Chlorine Taste: If the water and ice you offer have a strong chlorine flavor and smell, you need a filter. A filter can help remove the chlorine so that it tastes pure and chemical-free.
- Less Scale: When the water your ice machine uses to make ice has lots of mineral residue, it can start creating a scale buildup inside the machine. This can cause it to not work as efficiently as you need it to. A filter can remove the debris and minerals, making it possible for the machine to work correctly and without lots of scale buildup. It will also reduce the slime that can sometimes grow in the pipes and in the ice bin.
- More Ice: As soon as you install a filter in your ice machine, you will see an increase in the amount of ice it makes. This is because the machine will work much more efficiently and will not have to deal with excess scale and other issues. Save yourself time by using a filter.
- Less Cost: When your appliances work efficiently, your energy bill goes down. This is what you can expect by installing a filter in your ice machine. For the best results, it is a good idea to change the filter every six months or so, so keep that in mind. Although it may seem like an added expense, a filter will pay off in the long haul.
- Happier Clients: Ice that tasted great and that does not have an after taste of chemicals will make your customers very happy. This will give them an incentive to come back .
You should consider hiring an HVAC expert to help install the filer. This will ensure that your appliance is safe at all times and that you will not have issues in the future. Take the time to ask the expert to show you how to change the filter and how to clean it. The right technician will know how to operate all makes and models of filters so that you know exactly what to do in case of a malfunction or another issue. A filter for your ice machine can make all the difference in your business.