Are you in the process of updating your window treatments? Are you considering adding shades to dress up your windows? With so many options out there, how are you to choose what the best fit is for your home? The answer is quite simple. Start by checking out shades selections from Hunter Douglas, a leader in fine window treatments, as they offer a ton of options for maximum versatility. There are many reasons to introduce shades into your home. Whether you want to add functionality or flair, Hunter Douglas has a solution for you.
If you live in an urban area where buildings are super close in proximity to each other, you may notice that it is often easy to see into your home. For this reason, you may be looking for ways to add some additional privacy to your home. Roller shades are a great way to make your space more private. Whether they are used on your windows to escape your nosy neighbors or to separate out another living space in your small apartment, consider roller shades as an option. They can make quite the statement in a home by using them as a divider. You can essentially add a large wall of color or a pattern. Roller shades also work well at night to block out street lights or even the sound of traffic. For added versatility, these shades come in a variety of fabrics from sheer to opaque.
Perhaps you are hoping to increase the efficiency of your home by updating your window treatments. Hunter Douglas shades come in a variety of styles that can help. As mentioned above, roller shades can be used to block out the sun during the day to help offset the need for air conditioning. Triple cell honeycomb shades are designed with energy efficiency in mind. This technology helps to balance the temperatures in your home by helping it to stay cooler during warm weather months and warmer in colder months. Fluctuating temperatures can contribute to rising electricity bills, so consider investing in shades to help save you money in the long run.
If your main objective for getting new window treatments is to add some flair to your home, Roman shades are a stunning choice. They not only add some of the functionality that has already been discussed, but they also add a high end sculpted look to your windows. For added depth and texture, layer with some beautiful drapery or a valance. Roman shades from Hunter Douglas can be installed both horizontally and vertically further increasing their versatility. They also come in a range of sheer to opaque fabrics for room darkening or light filtering preferences.
The possibilities are endless. Whatever reasons you have for freshening up your windows, Hunter Douglas offers a variety of designs and colors, fabrics and styles to accent your beautiful home in an infinite number of ways. For window treatment inspiration and design ideas, please visit Lori Jill Designs online.
Tasteful window treatments define your home from your neighbors, and selecting the window treatments that are best for your home depends on a number of factors. Desired natural light, size of your existing windows, preferred style of window treatment, and your budget will all impact the decision of what window treatments to purchase. The following article discusses some of the most popular materials used in window treatments on the market today. For more information on tasteful window treatments, blinds, shades, and other custom window coverings, consider visiting House of Blinds.
- Window treatments made of organic materials. Organic materials, such as woven bamboo and hemp fiber are on the rise in the window treatment world. These organic treatments offer a great amount of diffused light, allowing the homeowner to see what is going on while still offering a great amount of privacy and natural light. When shopping for blinds and window treatments made out of natural materials, be sure to ask where the material is sourced from, and if it is grown and harvested in an environmentally friendly, sustainable fashion.
- Drapes made of luxury fabrics, such as silk, velvet, or leather. While more popular in extremely wealthy circles, use of luxury fabrics in window treatments is on the rise. The shine of quality silk instantly brightens up the feel of a room, and can be effectively used to change the mood in a room. Exercise caution when selecting heavier luxury materials such as velvet and leather, and they sometimes can mute too much light and make a room too dark.
- Many window treatments are getting more high tech. Use of new technology in window treatments is also on the rise. Many companies now offer remote controlled drapes and blinds, which are the ultimate in convenience and privacy. With the touch of a button you can control how much light is let into each room in your home. This type of self opening and closing technology can be especially advantageous when working with skylights. Traditionally left without window treatments due to the inability to open and close blinds, the addition of self closing blinds increases the functionality of skylights, and allows their use in bedroom and other not traditional settings.
- There is also a great increase in green related technology. There are now window treatments that help insulate your home, acting as a buffer to keep heat or cool from escaping through the windows. This offers significant energy savings to the owner, and is clearly a good idea for the environment.
- Enhanced fabrics are also being used in window treatments. Allergy suffers will be excited to learn that some companies are now offering mold and allergen resistant window treatments, that curb the effects of allergies by repelling allergens. This could be very helpful for allergic pet owners and people who suffer from chronic allergies. Blinds and drapes have long been culprits of storing dust, mold, dust mites, pet dander, and other common allergens. If you or a family member suffers from regular allergies, you may want to consider new window treatments that offer this technology.
There are extremely cold temperatures or extremely hot temperatures there is a need to have something over your windows in your house office or wherever it may be that you have windows. It is possible that you may want to have a . The whole purpose of being able to do this is because you will want the outdoor weather conditions to stay out of your space that has the windows.
There will be not very many people who would actually want to have to hear and or cool the outdoors all because their windows are letting all of the air out of your space. This is something that can become very expensive and not a lot of people would want to do this willingly and knowing that it is all because of their window treatments over the windows are not protecting the room from the outdoor temperatures or other types of weather conditions. Depending on the type of person that you are talking about there could be a different type of a window treatment that you would like to get over your windows for your personal space.
There is one in particular has been proven to help with the weather conditions that are causing trouble for your living space or other type of personal space. There could be the draperies that you could put over the windows in order to reduce the amount of internal air that is escaping into the outdoor climate. There will always be a need for you to help reduce your energy bills and this will be one of the first things that you want to do in order to make this process possible. Anytime that you can help save money for yourself you will want to be able to make sure that the draperies are very sick and completely covering your window in your space. It has been proven by window companies that if you have more draperies ovary window and it will be harder for the air to either escape the space for the outside air to get into your space.
This is certainly not the only thing because they’re also weatherproof you can have on your windows which will really make sure that yours is much money as possible on your energy bills. It is always a good idea to find the design of the drapes that you are looking for it to fit the style of your home. The good news is that there are a lot of different styles of drapes that the store will carry for you to choose from. If you are not able to find the style of troops that you want in the store location there is also an option to find it online. in any case you will be sure to find the drapes that you have always wanted to cover your windows. this is something that a lot of people will make sure that is possible for everyone their customers.
As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I had the opportunity this summer to go out and purchase a new home. Since that point in time, I have had the opportunity to spruce up the place and bit and enjoy my new home. The great thing about the place is its age. It has been around for about one hundred years and many of the moldings and the floors in the place are original. This is something that I take a lot of pride in because it means that I am now guarding the history of the place, so to speak. One of the ways that I have tried to bring the place into the modern day is by focusing on updating it, while enhancing what has been in place. One way that I have done this is by brightening up the place through painting it and giving it a new look with Hunter Douglas window treatments.
My girlfriend is very into interior design, especially when it concerns antiques and mid modern goods. My house, considering its age, can be put into the antique category and we are in the process of giving it a mid modern appeal. A great way for us to do that is by acquiring some furniture that would be of the mid modern sort and have the pieces sort of give a different idea to the rooms. This has been accomplished through the brightening of the room – changing the colors on the walls from a light brown to a more grey whiteish color – and by introducing furniture that changes the mindset of the place. Aside from the couch and a few of the dressers in the room, we were also able to change how it looks via the Hunter Douglas blinds that we installed. I was very impressed with how easy it was to install the blinds and I appreciate the fact that these blinds are of the best quality so they really do strike a great picture in the place. There isn’t a lot that I would change about the actual structure, so I appreciate the fact that I am able to do some changes that make a huge difference in the long run of its appearance. The other thing that I would like to note is that the shades that we installed look great. I have some French doors in the place and instead of having them without any kind of covering, which I would, but I have a roommate, I have them covered with a sheet on the inside. I am still able to see the glass and the beautiful doors, but I have a shade up that keeps the sun from shining in too much and the privacy of my roommate intact. I am sure that he appreciates having that shade up and I like having it there. It gives the place a much more intimate feel and that is something important to me. Hopefully, I can continue to improve the place in the future.