When it comes to choosing which custom window coverings are best for your home, it can be hard to make that final decision! There are many different types of window coverings to choose from. Some of these window coverings include window shades, window shutters, window blinds, window valances, window sheers, window curtains, and window drapes. You can also choose between a myriad of materials as well as a myriad of designs and colors. If all of this is not overwhelming enough, you can also choose between custom window shades or non custom window shades.
When it comes to customized window coverings, you can choose between most of the above types of window treatments but have them altered to meet your specifications. If you are having a hard time deciphering between getting custom window shades or custom window shutters for your home, then you need to figure out exactly what it is that you are looking for when it comes to your home’s window treatments. Listed here are the pros and cons between custom window shades and custom window shutters.
The pros of window shades vs. shutters include:
1. They provide shade from the sun. Window shades provide shade from the sun. When you roll the shade over your window, then you are protecting yourself and your room from the sunlight. You can use window shades to protect your room from harmful UV rays as well as protect your furniture from fading due to the shade blocking the sunlight from coming into your room.
2. They can be moved electronically or manually. Your custom shades can also be made to be moved either electronically or manually. This means that you can choose to customize them in a way that will allow you to open them via an electronic device such as a remote from anywhere in your home, even from your bed! You can also choose to get manual shades, where you manually pull a cord or a lever in order to open and close the window shades.
3. They look aesthetically pleasing. Window shades also look quite pleasing in the home. They add that final aesthetic appeal to any room of your home.
The cons of window shades vs. shutters include:
1. They are not made to be on the exterior of a home. Window shades are not made to be put on the exterior of a home whereas window shutters can be found on both the interior and exterior of a home.
2. They do not look as good when fixated onto a door. Window shutters can be easily made for a doorframe as well. Window shutters can look more aesthetically appealing on a door.
As you can see, there are many pros and cons to choosing between custom window shades and custom window shutters. Choosing window shutters will also give you many of the same pros that you will find when you choose to outfit your home with window shades. If you are interested in either window shades or window shutters, then you can find a plethora of options at www.blindsolutionsofcolorado.com.