Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is found in the ground. It occurs when uranium breaks down into the soil and releases a toxic and radioactive gas that is known as radon. Radon is very dangerous for a wide variety of reason. However, it is hard to detect as it is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Radon is very hard to detect as you generally won’t notice mild systems of radon either. Rather, you will likely just become very ill and end up with a very severe case if you don’t have your home tested.
This can all be alleviated without much trouble as all you really need to do is have your home tested for radon. If you have levels of radon that are high, then you will need to purchase a radon reduction system in order to remove the radon from your home by mitigating it through your home and back outside where it belongs. This is something that needs to be done anywhere you go as you can find radon all over the world. Since radon is derived from the breakdown of uranium and uranium is found all over the world, then you can find radon everywhere. This means that no home is safe until it is tested and the radon is mitigated outdoors.
There are many dangers of radon and why you need radon remediation. Listed here are the top five dangers of radon in your home:
- You can get lung cancer. One danger of radon is that you can get lung cancer. Lung cancer is a very serious type of cancer and radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- You can get other types of cancer. You can also get other types of cancer as well. Radon can cause serious and detrimental effects to many different avenues of your health. You will want to be sure that you solve a radon problem if you have in order to avoid serious and detrimental effects to your health.
- You can develop severe respiratory problems. You can also develop other respiratory issues such as lung and breathing problems.
- You can harm the health of yourself.
- You can harm the health of your family.
As you can see, there are many reasons as to why radon is bad for your home and is dangerous for your health. If you haven’t had your home tested for radon, then you need to do so right away in order to ensure that your family is living in a healthy environment. In fact, radon is so unhealthy and toxic for you that commercial buildings are required to be tested regularly and to have radon reduction systems in place at all times.
If you are looking for the right certified radon technician to take care of your radon problem for you or to come and test your home for radon, then you need to contact the specialists over at SWAT Environmental. They are the leading radon experts and can help you find the right radon abatement solutions for your needs.