If you are searching for ways to treat your back pain, then you need to consider a wide variety of back pain treatment options. This can entail many different types of therapies and treatments and doesn’t always need to be exactly what the doctor ordered. Of course, you will want your doctor’s approval with any and every treatment that you undergo for your back but you may also want to consider other forms of treatment, such as holistic treatments.
You may have pain medications and have needed physical therapy due to your back pain, but have you considered holistic types of treatment? This may help with your pain and may also prolong the need for back pain surgery or eliminate the need altogether. If you are considering your options for back pain treatments, then you will want to also consider these holistic practices. Listed here are the top five holistic ways to treat your back pain:
- Massage therapy. You may want to consider using massage therapy to help with your back pain. Massage therapy can work wonders for any tight muscles that may be contributing to compressed nerves or other pain that is associated with a tight back and an extreme amount of stress.
- Acupuncture. Another practice that can help with your back pain is acupuncture. This method has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries and is a great way to relieve the pressure and stress in certain areas of your body. This is a phenomenal way to open up certain areas in your body that will allow your muscles to contract normally again and can work towards loosening up the muscles around each compressed nerve or herniated disc.
- Hot/cold therapies. You may also find hot and cold alternating therapies to be a key factor in your pain relief.
- Exercise. There are many different types of exercise that are dedicated to helping you relieve pain in your back. Exercising in general is a good way to keep your body moving and your blood flowing. When you throw in back exercises, then you will not only help to relieve the pain over time but you will also be able to enjoy more mobility.
- Yoga. Yoga is another way to increase mobility and flexibility.
As you can see, there are many different ways to relieve your back pain or to alleviate some of the pain using alternative methods over back surgery and medications. However, if you are experiencing pain due to a slipped or herniated disc or have faced a severe injury in your back, then you may need to have more extensive care. These are tips that must be discussed with your doctor and may or may not be right for your particular case.
If you are seeking a neurologist or a neurosurgeon to help you with your back pain, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in determining the best solutions for extreme cases as well as pain that is caused by sciatica, injury, or problems with the spine.