Every homeowner knows that there can be harmful substances that can find their way into your property. This is the case with radon, a very dangerous gas that has no color or odor and that can cause all manner of health issues. This is where a radon mitigation company can be the best thing you do for your property. Of course, you do want to take the time to learn about radon so that you have as much information as possible to help you combat it. There are a few myths about radon that are very popular and we will look at them one by one.
- Testing for Radon is Expensive: This is not true. Radon abatement techniques vary when it comes to budget. There are more expensive options, of course, but most of the tests used in residential properties are very affordable.
- Radon Testing is Not Reliable: Radon testing is actually very reliable, allowing you to feel sure that you have the right techniques in place to help you get rid of this gas. By hiring an expert company to do this for you, you have even more certainty that you are getting the work done correctly.
- Only Some Homes are Affected: It does not matter what size or type of home you own when it comes to radon. Radon can happen on any property, making it very important for you to have regular checks to ensure that you and your family are safe.
- Neighbor’s Results Matter: This is not the case. Your neighbor’s home might be free of radon but this does not mean that your home is. Radon is notorious for this, so it does not matter what your neighbor’s results are, you still need to have your own home tested.
- Testing the Water First is Important: Radon can get into the home through water but it is much rarer than through air. It is important to first test the air in areas of your home like the basement or attic spaces. This is where the majority of the radon seeps in.
- Makes Selling a Home Difficult: If you take the time to remove all traces of radon from your property, there is no reason why selling the home should be difficult. Radon is very common, so this is something that real estate agents are used to dealing with. Once the home comes out negative for radon, you can put it on the market without problem.
Dealing with radon does not have to be difficult. There are lots of radon abatement companies that are qualified to help you deal with this issue, making your home safe once again. Turn to a reliable company that has years of experience dealing with radon and you will see that the entire process, from the testing to the removal of this substance, does not have to take very long at all. A company like Swat Environmental can make a huge difference in how soon radon is removed from your home or place of business.