This might be the understatement of the century, but there are a lot of homes in the US. The latest census data puts the country’s population at about 320 million, which means there are at least 200 million homes across the country. If there are a lot of homes, there are also a lot of roofs, and if there are a lot of roofs then there are a lot of roofing companies. When you break down the numbers like this and take a closer look, it’s easier to understand why so many Americans have a hard time finding quality roofing contractors. It’s not that such roofing contractors don’t exist (they must given the numbers), but it’s that there are so many different ones to choose from it’s hard to find one that’s going to do a good job. To make your search easier, here are the five things that you should be looking for in roofing contractors. If you stick to the items on this list, you shouldn’t have too difficult a time finding a great roofing contractor in your area.
1. Customer Service. The first thing to look for in a roofing contractor is great customer service. This means they respond to your calls, answer your emails, and field your questions. It basically means that they respond to you, listen to you, and walk you through their process.
2. Professionalism. Second, you should only work with roofing contractors that are true professionals. What’s a true professional? It’s a roofing contractor that shows up on time, that gets the work done as quickly as possible, and that cleans up their work space each day after they’re done working. It basically just means someone that treats your home like it was theirs.
3. Reliability. Third, you’ll always want to pick a roofing contractor that’s reliable. This basically means that if they told you the work was going to take two weeks, they’d better be done in that time frame.
4. Great Reputation. Fourth, you should only consider roofing contractors with great reputations. You need to make sure that their past customers think highly of them, that they have a good grade with the Better Business Bureau, and that they’re well respected in the roofing industry. This is one of the easiest ways to figure out if a company does work that you’re going to be happy with. Look for the contractors with the best reputations, and go from there.
5. Experience. Finally, when you’re looking to hire a roofing company, make sure you choose one with a great deal of experience. You want to know that the company you’re hiring knows what they’re doing, and the best way to ensure that that’s the case is to pick the company with the most experience. J & K Roofing is a great example of such a company. They’ve been around for 30 years, have worked on more than 30,000 roofs, and bring a level of professionalism to everything they do that’s incredibly refreshing in today’s world of make as much money as you can as fast as you can.